July 2022: New Rules for Driver’s Licenses
The GOI has changed how easy it is to get a driver’s licence. Getting a DL is no longer as boring and time-consuming as it used to be. By making changes to the rules, the Indian government has made life easier for the average person. You won’t have to go back and forth to the RTO to get a licence anymore.
According to the rules for getting a new licence, a citizen won’t have to take any kind of driving test at the RTO after July 1, 2022. The New Driving Licence Rules will be put into place in India on July 1, 2022, by the Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. When this new rule is put into place, it will be easier for crores of people to get a driver’s licence.
According to the New Driving License Rules of July 2022, you need to apply for a licence on the official website (parivahan.gov.in) and then take the driving test at any local authority or centre. After 10–14 days, you’ll get a new licence that will be good for 5 years. After 5 years, you have to get it renewed and get its validity back. So, these are some of the new rules for driving licences that will go into effect in July 2022. Also, if we’re talking about a Learning License, all citizens who are at least 16 years old can apply for one online and drive a car without a gear. But they also have to take a driving test that is okayed by the local government.
India’s driving rules will change in 2022.
- Driving License New Rules in India 2022 say that you can apply for a new licence or renew an old one online at Parivahan.gov.in.
- Second, you can take the driving test at any government-approved centre, which will cut down on the time it takes.
- To get a driving licence, you also have to pay a small fee, which you can do online at Parivahan.gov.in.
- So, these are the new rules for getting a driver’s licence in India starting on July 1, 2022.
- You can follow the steps below to apply online for a New Driving License in any category.
Latest Rules for Getting a Driver’s License in India in 2022
According to the new Driving License Rules for 2022, you must be at least 16 years old to apply for a Learning License in India. With this Driving License, you can only drive a car without a gear. You can apply for a Learning License online, and it will be given to you without you having to take a Driving Test. To get the Learning Driving License, you need to upload a picture of yourself and documents that prove your age.
After you get your Learner’s Permit, you have 2 years to apply for your Permanent Driving License for LMV. A permanent License is only given to people who are 18 years old or older.