The PU LLB entrance exam is conducted by Panjab University for admissions to three-year LLB courses offered at its Department of Law and constituent colleges. The exam is held in a pen-paper-mode test in three languages i.e. English, Hindi, and Punjabi. As many as 480 LLB seats are offered through the law entrance exam.
PU LLB entrance exam 2022 – Panjab University will conduct the offline-based PU LLB 2022 exam tentatively in the 3rd week of June. The official admission schedule will be released at – https://puchd.ac.in/. PU LLB 2022 exam scores will be used for admission to the 3-year LLB program offered by participating colleges.
The ONLINE application for PU LLB 2022 will commence sometime in April. To fill out the form, the candidate has to get registered first and create an applicant account, fill in personal, academic, and contact details, and then upload documents and pay the application fee.
Candidates with a graduation degree are eligible for admission to the law program. The PU LLB syllabus has three sections – Current Affairs and GK, Legal Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, and English. The PU LLB question paper will include a total of 100 objective-type questions that have to be answered in 90 minutes.
Exam Name Panjab University LLB Entrance Exam
Conducting Body Panjab University, Chandigarh
Exam Frequency Once a year
Application STARTS June (Tentative)
Mode of application and fee Online Rs. 2175 (Rs. 1088 for SC/ST/PwD candidates)
Exam Mode Offline
Exam Duration 1 hour 30 minutes
Difficulty level Moderate
Seat Intake 480
Official Website https://pglaw.puchd.ac.in/
PU LLB Application Form 2022
Panjab University will release the application form for the university-level exam in online mode tentatively in the 3rd week of June 2022. The application form may be filled out by candidates who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria for the 3-year LLB program. When filling out the application form, one must use only genuine and factual information, as details will be verified during the counseling process. Any candidate found to be forging information would be disqualified.
Steps to fill the PU LLB 2022 application form
- Click on the admission link on the admission portal
- A registration form will open
- Complete the registration process by entering details like name, email id, mobile number, graduation registration number, etc.
- After completing the registration process, log in to the newly created account and fill in personal, academic, and contact details.
- Next, pay the application fee. The fee can be paid in 1) online mode or 2) offline – download the e-challan from the admission portal and pay the fee at a nearby SBI branch.
- Finally, upload essential documents like photographs and signatures in the prescribed format and submit the application form.
PU LLB 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates seeking admissions through PU LLB should fulfill the eligibility criteria for the course as under:
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in any discipline from Panjab University or any other University that is recognized by the Bar Council of India and Panjab University.
- They should have secured at least 45% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Backward Class/ Persons with Disability have been given 5% relaxation in the minimum qualifying marks i.e. they need to have 40% marks in their qualifying degree.
PU LLB Admit Card 2022
Candidates who successfully fill out the application form will only be issued admit cards, which is a mandatory document for sitting in the entrance exam. The PU LLB 2022 admit card will contain exam information like the date and time of the exam, roll number, and the name and address of the allotted exam center. The candidate will have to download the admit card by entering candidate credentials. On the day of the exam, the candidate has to bring with them a valid photo id proof along with the admit card.
Steps to download the admit card for PU LLB 2022
- Click on the admit card download tab
- A log-in window will open
- Enter login ID and password
- On log-in, the admit card will be displayed in downloadable pdf format
- Download and take a printout.
Note: In case of any discrepancy in the admit card, the candidate has to get in touch with exam officials and get it rectified as soon as possible.
PU LLB 2022 Exam Day Guidelines
The exam will be held in offline mode at the Chandigarh center only. Candidates appearing for the law entrance exam should be careful of the following things:
- Candidates should reach the test center at least an hour before the exam so that exam officials can check the admit cards and other documents.
- Candidates should carry their own pen i.e., a black ink gel pen and an HB pencil to mark answers on the OMR sheet.
- They should avoid taking any notes, papers, or calculators inside the examination hall. The university will provide logarithmic tables for the test takers.
- Also, taking mobile phones, Bluetooth devices, or any other equipment is not allowed in the examination, if candidates will carry such items, then he/she will be disqualified from the exam.
- Candidates should follow the guidelines of the exam center officials while taking the exam.
PU LLB Answer Key 2022
Exam officials will release the official answer keys of PU LLB 2022 within a few days of the conduct of the entrance exam. It will contain the answers to all the 120 multiple-choice questions asked in the exam and can be used by the candidate to calculate probable scores. The institute will first release a provisional key that can be challenged by the candidate. The final key will be released after considering student feedback.
How to download the PU LLB 2022 answer key
- Click on the answer key link
- Select the answer key you want to download
- The answer key will open in downloadable pdf form
- Download the pdf.
To raise an objection against a key (s), the candidate has to write to the concerned official listing their concerns; supporting evidence has to be furnished with the mail.
PU LLB Result 2022
Panjab University will declare the results of the PU LLB 2022 entrance exam within a few weeks of the conduct of the exam. The results would be declared in online mode at the university website and have to be downloaded by the candidate by filling in candidate credentials. The results of the PU LLB 2022 exam will include details like the name and roll number of the candidate, sectional and overall scores, rank, and the provisional qualifying status.
Note that the PU LLB results would be prepared by giving:
- 50% weightage to marks scored in the PU LLB 2022 entrance exam
- 50% weightage to marks obtained in the qualifying exam.
How to check PU LLB 2022 results
- Click on the result link
- In the log-in window that opens, enter your login id and password
- The result would be displayed on screen
- Download and take a printout of the result.
PU LLB Counselling 2022
Punjab University will conduct the counseling of PU LLB 2021 in offline mode. Candidates who are included in the merit list will be eligible to participate in the counseling process and have to attend the counseling venue in person as per the given schedule. The PU LLB 2022 counseling include steps to document verification; it is mandatory to successfully complete the verification process. Candidates whose verification process is unsuccessful will no longer be conducted for admission in the next round. The seat allotment will be based on the merit rank of the candidate, with higher-ranked candidates to be given priority.
Colleges accepting PU LLB scores
On the basis of an aspirant’s performance in PU LLB entrance exam, he/she is offered admission to fill seats in the below-mentioned departments: