New Delhi: Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has blazoned to restore the trading timings of the central bank regulated requests to pre-pandemic situations from Monday (April 18).
Trading in requests regulated by the RBI starts from 9 AM onwards from April 18. So long, the market has been open at 10 am.
The trading hours for requests regulated by RBI were changed on April 7, 2020, in the wake of the coronavirus epidemic that had redounded in functional disruptions and elevated situations of health pitfalls. Latterly, with the easing of functional constraints, the trading hours were incompletely restored with effect from November 9, 2020.
“With the substantial easing of restrictions on the movement of people and functioning of services, it has now been decided to restore the opening time for regulated fiscal requests to their pre-pandemic timing of 9 am” RBI release had said.
From April 18, the trading hours of the following requests will be from 9 am to 3:30 pm.
- Call/ Notice/ Term Plutocrat; request repo in government securities
- Tri-party repo in government securities
- Commercial paper and Certificate of deposit
- Repo in Corporate Bonds
- Government Securities (Central Government securities, state development loans, and storeroom bills)
- Foreign Currency (FCY)/ Indian Rupee (INR) trades, including forex derivations
- Rupee Interest Rate Derivations.
The above markets are regulated by the Central Bank.