UTTAR PRADESH: The Uttar Pradesh government has laid down certain guidelines for Women workers in the State. Notification to that effect was issued by the government. The notification, in the public interest, exempted factories from the restrictions under Section 66 of the Factories Act, subject to certain conditions.
The following are the conditions laid down by the notification:
1. No woman worker shall be bound to work without her written consent before 6:00 AM and after 7:00 PM.
2. No woman worker shall be terminated from her employment if she denies working between 07:00 PM to 06:00 AM.
3. Women workers working between 07:00 PM to 06:00 AM shall be provided free transportation from their residence to the workplace by the employer of the factory and back.
4. Women workers working between 07:00 PM to 06:00 AM shall be provided food by the employer of the factory.
5. Women workers working between 07:00 PM to 06:00 AM shall be provided sufficient supervision during working hours and journey thereof.
6. Employer shall ensure toilets, washrooms, changing-room, drinking facilities, and light near the workplace.
7. During the working between 07:00 PM to 06:00 AM, not less than four women workers shall be allowed to work in the premises or a particular department.
8. Employer shall intimate the , for verification, affording him a maximum period of seven days for such verification.
9. The employer shall send a monthly report electronically or otherwise to the Inspector of factories of region concerned about the details of women workers engaged during night shift and shall also send express report whenever there is some untoward incident to the Inspector of factories of region concerned, and local Police Station as well.
10. The Inspector of factories shall enforce the safe working conditions of women worker and carefully take note of the non-compliance in their inspection from time to time.
11. Employer shall take appropriate steps to prevent sexual harassment. The employer shall maintain a complaint mechanism in the factory itself as prescribed in the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention. Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 or in any other related enactments.
12. The women worker shall be made aware of their rights in particular by prominently displaying the guideline as may be required.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE LEGAL MAGAZINE – LAW MANTHAN 1ST EDITION